Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dec 15

I volunteered in Avion’s class today. As soon as I got there Avion asked me if I would take him home. I told him I would at the end of the day. I helped Mrs. F around the class, and I noticed that Avion was more keyed up than normal. He has been like this most of the month. He had a few minor melt downs during the time I was there and one big melt down at the end of the day. It started with his santa head not being glued on. Then he got one spelling word wrong on his test he had on Monday and at that point he throw his spelling test on the floor and started jumping on it. Mrs. F had to carry him out of the room and put him in the HUB room (don’t ask me what HUB stand for because I don’t know) where Mr. V took over and Avion processed to scream and cry for about 10 minutes. Once he got home, I told him that he had lost his privilege to play Boom Blox, he had to write a letter to his teacher apologizing for his behavior, and fold and put away the towels because of how he acted at school. I email Mrs. F apologizing too and she wrote me back saying “Thanks for your support in the classroom and with Avion. All we hope for is that he will have more good days then bad. See you on Friday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment